Friday, November 22, 2013

How green are you?


Nowdays is a fact that the environmental topic it’s a very important thing, because this days we can notice that the damages around the world; cause of our human irresponsibility, are unrepairable… But if people were consciousness of these damages and think very seriously about it, maybe we could do something for reduce it.  
So I think… where people can learn about environmentally friendly practice? And the sad answer is that in not many places because people aren´t give the real important to the environmental care. But there are some schools that since children are in kindergarten they teach them environmentally friendly practice, some programs on T.V show some environmentally friendly practice too, but just a few, or people can learn about that practices on internet or in some website like Greenpeace.
In my case, I am very interesting in be an environmentally-friendly person, but I think that in this society if very difficult, for example when somebody have in their apartment recycle places, then the people that take the garbage away mix up all again.  Other problem is that I live in a very small apartment and I can’t do my own recycling things.
In relation with the horrible contamination here in Santiago, I prefer to use my legs for my transport, I can´t walk at my university but I do it at my work. So that way I avoid the public transport as much it´s possible for me.
Some months ago, my boyfriend and I joint to Greenpeace organization, so we could help them with some mensual money for the beautiful actions that they do around the world, for try helping the planet and all their creatures.  I believe that organizations like that are very important for the societies; they realize a lot of manifestations but television or newspaper almost never shows it, so people can´t know about it.
Sometimes I try to tell friends or other people that is very simple contribute with the environmental care, for example not all the people knows that when they eat chewing gum and they threw it away, that small chewing gum do a lot of damage because delay a lot in disintegrate it.
In relation with my carbon footprints, I haven´t do something, but I hope I could do it soon.
I hope that in Santiago, were the index of contaminations are very high, people that are in the power, do something about it, for example more laws about the environment care, some campaign for people learn about it, create more green areas, etc. And I would love that in school teachers teach about it too.

I never lose the illusion that someday everybody cares about the environment.

5 comments:

  1. I think like you, is human irresponsibility the damage of environment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like you said, sometimes it's necessary use the public transport or subway to go to the university, but I hope have soon my own bike and so contaminate less :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that as teacher we can make a change in the child and that in the future the society will have environmental awareness and they will respect the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am agree with you about do campaign, becouse is so important créate conscience in the people about this theme

    ReplyDelete